7years of Experience in the Restoration Business
Fire Damage Restoration Services
- Securing a property after a fire gives a homeowner piece of mind and protects their possessions. Homeowners should take money, guns, and jewelry the night of the fire. All other items must be secured inside the home. The insurance company must view damaged items before they can provide compensation to policy holders.
- Fires happen all times of the day and night. R and J Contractor Services Contractor Services is always available to help customers secure their properties 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Windows are boarded shut from the inside of the home. This way they cannot be opened from the outside. Doors that are functional receive a lock and hasp. Doors that are not function are typically boarded shut. A lock box will be provided so that a key can be stored on site after the fire. This will allow access for all essential personnel.
- After the house is secured, it is important to stabilize the environment to prevent further damage from smoke and water. The best way to stabilize the environment is by using Dehumidifiers and Air Scrubbers. Dehumidifiers are placed strategically throughout the structure to mitigate water damage and help dry the structure. Air scrubbers can help mitigate smoke damage by continually cycling the indoor air through a hepa filter. The right equipment can prevent damage to valuable and sentimental items in a home. Dehumidifiers and Air Scrubbers can be installed at the time of the board up. The sooner they are installed, the better the results. However, there are times when the damage is too great to benefit from drying equipment and air scrubbers. If there is no power, a generator can be used to power equipment. All equipment is charged to the insurance company.
- Firemen will typically cut a hole in the roof of a home during a fire. This helps them vent smoke and extinguish the fire. R and J Contractor Services will tarp the roof and ensure that further damage cannot occur to the property. If the structure of the roof is damaged, R and J Contractor Services can provide structural bracing before tarping the roof.
- The services of an electrician may be required the night of the fire. It is important to isolate the damaged components of the home’s electrical system. This way the house will have power to the sections of the home that do not have a damaged electrical system. R and J Contractor Services works with licensed electricians that provide emergency services 24 hours a day.
- When temperatures are cold, it is important to winterize a property after a fire. This process involves draining water lines, radiators, and water heaters. It also includes adding antifreeze to toilets and sinks. After a house has been winterized there is no chance for further damage to the home’s plumbing systems.
- Board up Services are paid for by the insurance company. After the homeowner signs an authorization form that allows R and J Contractor Services to charge the homeowner’s insurance for services, the process can begin.